Wednesday, February 01, 2012

The books

As we all know, there is a spate of new books out at the moment. I see that Dr Briffa is on Jimmy Moore's LLVDLC.

John sent me a copy of Escape the Diet Trap and it almost immediately disappeared to my wife's mother, to be returned disappointingly rapidly a week later. She has, happily, bought her own copy. No one where she works believes a word of it. I like it.

Not had chance to read Richard's primer or Chris's Hillfit but I know neither need any help from me and I'm looking forward getting a chance to read both as I get a little more time...

Anyone who has moved from Scotland to East Anglia will know how envious you feel browsing http://cairn-in-the-mist.blogspot.com/.

Thanks guys.

Peter

7 comments:

Chris said...

Cheers Peter. Sorry for making you feel bad

blogblog said...

Public health: The toxic truth about sugar

Robert H. Lustig,Laura A. Schmidt & Claire D. Brindis


Nature 482,27–29
(02 February 2012)
doi:10.1038/482027a

Published online 01 February 2012

Added sweeteners pose dangers to health that justify controlling them like alcohol, argue Robert H. Lustig, Laura A. Schmidt and Claire D. Brindis.

D1S said...

Great, now apologize to me too! koss Im breathing pure crap here ,you bastard! ><

Peter said...

Chris,

When the children are old enough for holidays with some chance to sneak up a Munro or two I'll be grateful for some pre climb training tips!

Peter

blogblog said...

@Chris,
my ancestors migrated from Scotland to Australia 170 years ago to get away from those misty Scottish mountains. ;)

Peter said...

blogblog, but on a good day...

Richard Nikoley said...

Thanks for the mention, Peter.